Life and second citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda. Maybe this is your passport?
Climate in the islands of Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua and Barbuda has a favorable climate. Warm tropical weather is stable throughout the year. The inhabitants of the islands are not threatened with weather surprises. From November to May, when temperatures get colder in many temperate countries, Antigua enjoys better weather conditions. Here you can spend time on the island beaches, explore the area and go diving.
Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship will give you the opportunity to live in the land of eternal summer among greenery and sun.
Antigua and Barbuda Second Passport Program
The state has been issuing a second passport since 2012. To become a citizen of Antigua, you need to make investments in the country's economy. This is the standard for many states - the citizenship by investment program. Why choose the islands of Antigua and Barbuda? There are several good reasons for this:
- additional knowledge and skills are not needed to obtain citizenship: the applicant does not pass an interview, does not confirm the level of education and knowledge of the language, and may not have managerial skills;
- Antigua citizenship ensures that there is no tax on any income, which is why the country has become so attractive even for representatives of developed countries;
- having an Antigua passport, you can travel without a visa to hundreds of countries, including the Schengen countries;
- when applying for citizenship, the applicant is not obliged to go to the islands - they will do everything without his participation;
- the citizenship application can include dependent children under the age of 26, as well as elderly parents and grandparents over the age of 65.
Antigua citizenship opens up new opportunities for applicants. To have all the privileges of a citizen, it is enough to live on the islands for only 5 days a year. Of course, most citizens enjoy spending much more time here. To participate in the citizenship program, you only need to meet two criteria: be in good health and have no criminal record.
Types of investments for obtaining a second citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda
There are several options for investing in the economy of the state. Antigua and Barbuda offers:
- Investments in the National Development Fund.
- Business investment.
- Investments in real estate objects.
Irreversible investment in the National Development Fund - an opportunity to obtain citizenship for 250 thousand dollars. At the same time, family members pay funds at standard rates. This is the easiest and cheapest way to become an island citizen.
Business investment will require more investment from the applicant. There are several investment options here. If a business is opened by one person, then he needs to invest in the project at least $ 1,5 million. After starting a business, he can apply for a second passport.
You can reduce the financial burden by opening a business with partners. In this case, the project must meet the following requirements:
- the total amount of investments must be at least $ 5 million;
- each partner must have at least 400 thousand dollars of investment.
The third option is a compromise. The applicant can invest in real estate on the island. The amount of investment at which it is possible to obtain citizenship is at least 400 thousand dollars. It is about US dollars, not local currency.