TOP 5 options for obtaining citizenship for real estate or investment
As a result, having a second passport in a reliable country provides a guarantee of legal protection, the ability to create an alternate airfield where you can live comfortably, leaving the business to the manager or children. An additional advantage of the second citizenship can be a sharp increase in mobility, thanks to the huge number of countries that can be visited without opening a visa (including the Schengen states).
Options for obtaining a second citizenship
Among more than a dozen options for obtaining a passport among residents of Russia and the CIS countries, the following states remain the most popular:
- Antigua and Barbuda;
- Saint Lucia;
- Saint Kitts and Nevis.
Each of the options has its own advantages and disadvantages that must be considered when determining a specific one.
Registration of the second citizenship in Bulgaria
An ideal option for obtaining a second passport, due to the geographical, climatic and mental proximity, a wide range of flights between Russia and Bulgaria, which will allow you to get to your home or new place of residence on the Black Sea coast in a few hours.
The advantages that you get when applying for a second citizenship in Bulgaria:
- the minimum period for obtaining a residence permit (6-9 months);
- the opportunity to obtain a passport of a citizen of Bulgaria in 2 years;
- no requirement to stay on the territory of the country;
- lucrative offers for investment and lending from local banks;
- no requirements for renunciation of current citizenship, knowledge of the language;
- free movement within the Schengen countries;
- the opportunity to work, study and medical care in the EU countries.
The main condition for obtaining a residence permit in Bulgaria and subsequent citizenship is to invest in local government bonds in the amount of 1 million leva for a period of 5 years (interest rate on securities 0%). At the same time, there is the right to apply for a loan at a local bank to buy bonds, as well as the possibility of accelerated consideration of an application for citizenship (within a year after receiving permanent residence), provided that the amount of the initial investment is doubled for a period of 2 years or more.
Second citizenship for Cyprus
Another popular destination for obtaining a second passport among compatriots, thanks to the high level of economic development, ample investment opportunities and reasonable tax rates. A great additional advantage of obtaining a second citizenship in Cyprus will be the mild Mediterranean climate, which is so fond of Russians who go on vacation here every year.
Obtaining a second citizenship in Cyprus gives the following advantages to the applicant:
- the minimum period for processing documents (3-4 months);
- no requirements for permanent residence on the island (it is enough to stay 1 day every 7 years);
- there are no requirements for knowledge of language and history, renunciation of valid citizenship;
- free trade and movement within the EU;
- the possibility of obtaining a passport for dependent children under the age of 28 years.
To obtain the right to obtain citizenship under the simplified system, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
- own on the territory of Cyprus private property worth from 500 euros excluding VAT;
- invest for a period of 3 years or more funds in the amount of 5 million euros (as a separate individual) or 2.5 million (with participation as a member of a group of investors).
Investments in the Cyprus economy can represent the purchase of government bonds, securities of local organizations, the purchase of real estate, the opening of companies, making a deposit in a bank and some other types.
Second citizenship in the Caribbean
Small states located in the Caribbean are actively using the demand for a second passport for investors from all over the world, seeking to attract additional money for development. Here you can choose from several countries at once, including Dominican Republic, Antigua and Barbuda, Saint Lucia.
The migration programs of these Caribbean islands are somewhat similar and take into account the significant distance from Europe, allowing them to attract investors from Russia and other countries wishing to obtain a second citizenship. As an example, consider Saint Lucia, which is an almost ideal place to get a new passport. Registration of documents here gives the following advantages:
- registration of citizenship within 3 months;
- the opportunity to include in the family members children under the age of 25, parents over 65;
- no income tax;
- the opportunity to visit more than 100 countries of the world without visas, including the Schengen zone;
- there are no requirements for living on the island, passing the language, passing an interview.
To obtain a second citizenship in Saint Lucia, the following investment options are offered:
- non-refundable investment of $ 100 or more in the local National Economic Fund (the exact amount is determined by the number of applicants);
- purchase for a period of 5 years or more of real estate in the amount of $ 300 in government-approved projects;
- opening a business in one of the priority industries with an investment of 3.5 million and creating jobs for local residents;
- purchase of government bonds in the amount of $ 500 or more.
The received passport of Saint Lucia will open up wide opportunities for traveling around the world, and will make it possible to make tax optimization on a legal basis. Also, the island will easily become a comfortable place to live, because there is an excellent ecological environment, a pleasant climate (the average daily temperature all year round is in the range of 18-26 degrees), and the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean, located at a distance of a couple of tens of kilometers from each other, will allow enjoy diving, surfing or relaxing on the beach in comfort. Taking into account the popularity of the island as a tourist resort, it is possible to guarantee the availability of everything necessary for full comfort.
What to look for when choosing a country for a second citizenship
A fairly large number of countries around the world are involved in attracting foreign investors using a simplified passport issuance system. At the same time, each state has its own reputation in the world and its own legislation, which must be taken into account. In general, when considering options for obtaining a second citizenship, pay attention to the following points:
- activity in the field of "selling passports", which imposes certain restrictions and forms the specifics of the attitude towards their holders on the part of banking institutions;
- the number of countries in the world that you can visit without opening a visa;
- the need to live in the country where you plan to apply for a second citizenship;
- the level of economic development, which will ensure the high quality of medical care, the activity of air communication with Russia and other countries, while being at the "alternate airfield";
- the risk of refusal to obtain citizenship;
- financial expenses for the preparation of documents, obtaining the right to a second citizenship;
- the need to confirm the legality of the origin of funds and the severity of verification of sources;
- the opportunity to draw up documents for close relatives (spouse, parents, children).
It is also imperative that when considering options for obtaining a second citizenship, take into account personal preferences and plans for the future, because it is better to issue a passport in the country where you will permanently live or periodically visit. To do this, pay attention to the climate, study information on the Internet, ask friends and chat at specialized exhibitions. At the same time, it is desirable to visit the country of future citizenship yourself. It is quite enough to rest for one or two weeks in order to form your own impression for making a final decision, because it will be the most objective without taking into account the personal preferences of others.